Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's October... WHAT???

I really am just baffled that it is already October. But then again, time always flies. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten use to that fact by year 23. Every Christmas I am like, what the heck? Didn't we just have celebrate Christmas like 2 months ago? Strange.

I don't have any breaking news to share or really crazy adventure stories. However, I do just want to say that I have felt SO incredibly alive lately, and I guess free too. I'm not sure I can really describe the feeling. But it's SUCH a great feeling and I'm so so happy! I will say though that I think I've just really been living it up here in Charlottesville and with that and my experiences last year I think I'm really starting to understand who I am and who I have become and I love it! I really am enjoying myself and loving who I am for the first time in a really long while (probably since I was a little girl). To look at myself today compared even to who I was when I entered college at JMU - the transformation is mind boggling. The people pleasing has diminished big time, I am seeing my gifts more clearly, and I'm learning to do what makes me happy and not to worry if that means others don't like me or if I do those things alone. It's just beautiful to live a life where you don't feel like you have to be a cookie cutter set shape & also its beautiful to be able to take care of yourself and know your limits and stand up for yourself and for your needs & desires. So I guess when I said I don't really know how to describe it.. well I just did. Hilarious stuff. But I'm sure in the near future I will go through an identity crises and this alive-ness and freedom I feel may seem far away but so is life... it's neat to celebrate the victories Christ has given us daily! There was a day and even some months and years when I thought I'd never be able to say I'd feel alive and free again, but God is SO faithful and knew I needed to go through a time of valley in order to understand and experience the beauty of the mountain climb and top. Thanks Jesus, You're so smart in Your ways and Your master plan. I stink for pretending like I know what's best for me and for fighting Your insight!

Well I guess that is all for now. In the middle of this I had to pretty much chase my hamster all around my room trying to catch him to put him away and it was quite exhausting. That turd as Meghan Lyndsay Ballard would say. She gets married on the 25th and I get to be in the wedding- HURRRAY. Anyways, I'm out for now kiddies. But GO UVA, GO STEELERS, GO PENN STATE, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everyone except the Redskins and Virginia Tech and Ohio State of course.

Peace out cub scouts!

1 comment:

12th Floor said...

stace - its beautiful to hear that you're feeling alive and free. seriously, i just loved reading that more than most things i've heard lately :) its funny because i think we're in similar places in life and it encourages my heart to see how you're finding hope in Christ through it all! keep blogging away, nerd ;) hah love, katherine